Friday, December 16, 2011

eat with me.

No matter what is happening in my life there is one thing that will always stay constant: love for food. My tastes have changed a lot since I was little & to avoid becoming a porker/moon-child again I watch what I eat more. However this has allowed to me develop a love for different foods as well as healthier choices when dining out & when cooking. Here are 2 places that I have recently come to love:

First off for the healthier choices spectrum: Tender Greens! I went to the one in Pasadena for dinner after hearing reviews from my staffer, and I must say she was spot on! I ordered the simple baby spinach salad (which included goat cheese, walnuts, &dried cranberries) with the barbequed chipotle chicken (soooo tender&juicy!) and a side soup of the day (it was butternut squash yums). The salads come with two buttered crostini which came to around $10.50, which I would normally consider a lot but it was enough for 2 full meals after I took half home. WORTH IT!

The second destination is of Indonesian inspiration: Wong Java House! After talking with my friend from Indonesia I was curious as to if I had ever had indo-cuisine before, so after scouring I found this quaint little spot on Valley between Atlantic &Fremont (aka so close!). Once I finished my last final Tuesday night my mom & I were able to try it out and we loved it! Everything I wanted: cheap, tasty, and super filling with leftovers to spare :) We ordered beef rendang, lontong, and gado-gado (pictured above ^). If you are adventurist and in the area check it out!

Well that's all for now my hungry friends :) I am now officially on holiday, so relaxation here I come!

lots of lovee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)