Saturday, January 7, 2012

apple pie within apple

As mentioned in my previous post, I have been having feelings of withdrawal from these quickly passing seasons which has manifested itself into baking and cooking things that remind me of those changes in weather.  Well I had abnormally large apples in my house + a friend's birthday to bake for + i woke up at 7:30 am for the first time in a month, so this seemed like the perfect time to bust out a taste of fall.


The thought of baking apple pie within the apple itself has intrigued me for months now, so when I found the easiest recipe! I had to try it. I did everything accordingly with the exception of baking time (since I only made 2) and the additional hint of cinnamon atop.

Filling Ingredients: *per apple*
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Dough Crust Ingredients: *enough for 8 apples*
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1tbsp sugar
  ~5 tbsp. butter, cold
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

Back to the books I go now...

lots of lovee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)