Monday, January 16, 2012

Rosemary Flatbread..& CheesePartySideDish

Lets pretend for a moment that I am high class & snooty... yeah, that moment couldn't last long with me either. I like to thrift through people's old clothes to create a new wardrobe for myself and I love freebies. The only snooty aspect that I allow myself is the indulgence in great food and even greater cheeses :)
Too bad you can't fully enjoy cheese without an exceptional vehicle...which leads me to 
fresh rosemary flatbread.


After buying fresh rosemary from the farmer's market on Sunday I knew that bread was in order, and what is a better way to hang out with a friend than making bread and eating copious amounts of cheese in her kitchen?



Adapted from smitten kitchen:

ingredients:
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary + 1 sprig for top
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt (*I prefer using flaky salt)
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. olive oil + 2 tbsp. for brushing
flaky sea salt for garnish

This went perfectly with some a nice piece of asiago&fig jam! Here's to the start of another long, cold week... 

lots of lovee

p.s. do i smell fresh baguettes on the horizon?

(creds: smittenkitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)