Say hello to my little DINO friend! He would like to share his enthusiasm about a recent cake recipe that came his way. While preparing to celebrate a birthday he decided to make a cake for that person.
Knowing she loves sweet potatoes (고구마/ サツマイモ), he searched
adapted recipe from GreenCilantro:
-2 small sweet potatoes*
-2 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
-2/3 c. milk (I used 1/3 2%milk + 1/3 soymilk)
-1/4 c. flour
1. Cook sweet potatoes to soften and remove skin while hot.
-->2 options: steam/roast them & remove skin after perfectly soft OR peel & cube the potatoes then simmer in water until soft then drain
2. Preheat oven to 330 degrees F while sweet potatoes cook.
|easiest way to roast/steam them: in foil sitting in your preheating oven. may take half an hour cut in half|
4. Then add sugar and eggs to the mashed potatoes&milk. Once incorporated, sieve in flour to the batter.
5. Coat springform pan in butter and flour well.
6. Pour batter into pan and bake for 35-40 min. (depending on thickness of cake) ** Once done remove from oven and let chill in refrigerator or enjoy warm with fresh fruit or whipped cream on top!
*not the orange type often confused with yams. Can be found at Japanese, Korean, or Chinese markets
** depending on intensity of your oven check on cake every 10 min. after 20 min. has passed with clean knife test.
Let me know if you try this out yourself and make any improvements to it :) Have an awesome Friday everyone!
lots of lovee